Saturday, November 20, 2010

Get Married?

Sometime last week, during breaktime.......

Anon : "You shouldn't be here, you should find someone, get married and live happily."
Me : "Errr excuse me?"
This is the second time I was asked whether if I had a boyfriend/spouse/someone.
It was rather weird. This person is somewhat old, er much older than I am, I think.
Someone I got to know just recently and somewhat earned my respect not by choice.
Me : "I am too young for that shit and definitely not ready."
Anon : "Why not?"
Me : "Again am only 22. I haven't lived yet. I mean not lived long enough to experience that yet and am not here to look for a potential husband."
Anon : "Ahh it's either you are ambitious or you've had bad experience"
Me : "The latter."
Anon : "No wonder."
Me : "How'd you figure? "
Anon : "I teach ** maaa, of course I know"
I laughed cynically and continued with doing my work.
One of the weirdest conversation I've ever had with somebody of such position.
I guess that person meant no harm.
But why was I asked such questions, do I appear desperate/like i don't belong in the group?
Who Cares.

3 comments:

Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay said...

Simply because...shying away from conformity always feeds people's bewilderment.

I feel you on this big time.

Azhani M.A.S. said...

Thanks Foxy. Much love.