Saturday, May 30, 2009

Disengage

Morrie said learn to detach ourselves from experience

Extracts taken from the book :
Detach doesn’t mean you don’t let the experience penetrate you. On the contrary, you let it penetrate you fully. That’s how you are able to leave it. Take any emotion, If you hold back on the emotions, if you don’t allow yourself to go all the way through them, you can never get to being detached, you are too busy getting afraid. You’re afraid of the pain, grief, and vulnerability that loving entails. By allowing yourself to go through all those and experiencing entirely, you will know the pain and love is. Then you tell yourself to detach from it for a moment, saying.”

“All right, that was my moment of loneliness. I’m not afraid of getting lonely, but now I’m going to put that loneliness aside and know that there are other emotions in the world,and I’m gonna experience them as well.”

“Learn how to die, and you learn how to live.”

I'm doing just that, detaching myself from memories of us, YOU.

No comments: